Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Cabaret Performance Snack

Samantha and her brother Alex loved the mini-oreo cheesecakes, would highly recommend making them for kids (and adults!).  We watched Samantha's performance of Seusical the Musical at a Cabaret style theater last week.  Cabaret is a great atmosphere, epically because you can bring your own food and beverages.  I made a lovely little picnic basket that filled everyone at our table up.  First, I went to our local food co-op and got some really unique cheese, including; green onion cheddar, Stilton, and Swiss.  I then found some fun multi-grain crackers.  I also purchased a nice hummus spread to go with everything.  As an additional finger food I cut up some apples, peaches and put in a few vines of grapes.  I laid all of this out on a wooden cutting board which looked rustic and adorable.

The final finger food I made was figs with cheese and almonds - see below for recipe:

First you need to purchase 12-24 black mission figs.  These can be hard to find, but most food co-ops have them.  
 Cut the figs in half and place them on parchment paper on a baking sheet.  Place a small dollop of herb-ed goat cheese on top of each fig-half and press down so that presses into the fig.  Place an almond on top of each dollop of cheese.  Turn your oven broiler on high, and broil for 4-7 minutes, or until the almonds have turned crisp.  

I must say these were delicious! I would highly recommend making this for any party as an appetizer, it literally takes minutes, and people think its super complex!!!  Those are the best recipes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment