Friday, August 16, 2013

Samantha's Birthday Treat


The first cooking post for this blog corresponds to me making my beautiful niece a special treat for her birthday. Samantha's birthday was earlier in the week, however I am going to watch a performance she is in Saturday night and wanted to bring her something special to celebrate her birthday.  I started the tradition of making my niece and nephew special sweets for their birthdays 2(ish) years ago, and try to 'top' myself each year.  Last year I made Samantha a 'bunny' cake (her childhood nickname was bunny).  The cake tasted great, and was fun for the family party - it was far from professional - as you can see below....
 I never said I was an expert at making things look beautiful..... the kids loved the effort and everyone got a kick out of it! 

This year I decided to try something that involved a bit less artistry - clearly that is not my strongest area.  This year I am making mini-oreo cheesecakes.  The recepie is really easy and I think the kids will love it! 

To start, place muffin / cupcake liners in a muffin pan and place an oreo at the bottom of each lined cup.   



 Next, mix 16 oz of room temperature cream cheese with 1/2 cup of sugar. 


Next, add in 1/2 tsp of vanilla and two eggs and beat mixture.  Then add in 1/2 cup of sour cream and mix with electric mixer.  Finally add in 6 hand crush Oreos.  Do not use electric mixer after putting Oreos in - mix by hand.  

Fill muffin tins almost to the top and bake at  375 for 11 minutes

 

 When  you take the cheesecakes out allow to cool for several hours in the muffin tins, then store them for up to 1 week in the refrigerator. 


 These mini-oreo cheese cakes are all packaged up and ready to to Samantha's performance tomorrow night!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment